If you follow along with me on Instagram, you've probably seen my ongoing saga of trying to eat healthier, but refusing to let chocolate go. :P I seriously eat chocolate chips by the bag every week, its a problem. I've been on the hunt for healthy snacks that incorporate a little dark chocolate to satisfy my 3pm treat cravings instead. These coconut milk mint chocolate popsicles do just that! They are also dairy free, which I need right now while breastfeeding! They are quick, easy, and perfect for summer. :)
You will need:
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Green food coloring
1 cup dark chocolate chips (Use Guittard for dairy free)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
6 popsicle sticks
6 count popsicle mold
1. In a food processor, blend coconut milk, mint and vanilla extracts, and maple syrup. Mix in 2-4 drops of green food coloring.
2. Pour mixture into popsicle molds and place in freezer. After approximately 2 hours, push a popsicle stick into the center of each mold. Continue to freeze overnight.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil for 60-90 seconds until melted. Stir every 30 seconds.
4. Remove popsicles from the freezer and run warm water over plastic of the mold to loosen the popsicles. Remove popsicles from the mold and place each one onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
5. While popsicles are still frozen, dip each one into melted chocolate and place back onto the cookie sheet. Drizzle remaining chocolate onto popsicles if desired. Place cookie sheet back into freezer to allow chocolate to harden.
Store popsicles individually wrapped in wax paper in airtight container or bag in the freezer. Pull one out when the chocolate is calling your name! ;)
So, these do contain chocolate, and maple syrup, but they've gotta be healthier than ice cream and cookies right?! For more chocolatey snack ideas I've tried, follow along on Instagram. And, if you have any healthy but sweet snacks to share, please, help a sister out!