Summer is here and that means lots of time by the pool and carrying your swimsuit around in search of opportunities to soak up some sun!
It can be hard to keep track of tops and bottoms your suit case, or sometimes you don't want to throw your wet suit in the same bag as dry clothes. The worst was last weekend while camping when my suit fell out of my bag into the mud!
"Bikini Bags" are a cute easy way to keep track of such a precious summer commodity. :) I made one to coordinate with each of my swimsuits, so I could just grab the one I want and go!
You will need:
1/8 yd Fabric
Glossy Modge Podge
7x10" or Larger Burlap or canvas bag
I found my bag at Hobby Lobby
. It has a LDPE lining, but you could also add a water resistant lining to an unlined bag.
1. Sketch a 1.5x4.5" outline of your favorite style swimsuit. I googled images of "vintage swimsuits" for ideas.
2. Cut out your swimsuit pattern.
3. Using a pen, trace the pattern onto the back of your fabric. Turn the pattern around and trace it backwards. Be sure to use a pen that is not a sharpie, or the ink will bleed through the fabric.
4. Cut out the fabric swimsuit.
5. With a sheet of scratch paper underneath, paint the back of your swimsuit with Modge Podge.
6. Carefully place your swimsuit centered on the bag. Paint the top with Modge Podge. Be sure to go all the way to the edges, even over the edges to seal the fabric to the bag. Don't worry, the Modge Podge will dry clear. :)
7. Allow your bag to dry, and it is ready to use!
At the pool, the bag is perfect hold all my non waterproof items-- phone, headphones, keys, Fitbit-- that usually get lost at bottom of the beach bag!
Which pattern do you like best? I'd love to hear what your summer essentials are!