Mother's Day is this week! If you are still looking for ideas, here is one that is personalized, and perfect for Spring! This floral initial can be hung as a unique twist on a wreath, or displayed on shelf or mantle.
You will need:
12" Kraft Initial of choice
Assorted silk flowers (I used, 3 hydrangeas, 3 larger blooms, 1 sprig of spray roses, 1 sprig of a filler flower)
1" Thick foam
1.5" Thick ribbon
Hot glue gun
1. Using your knife, carefully cut the front for the letter around the edges and remove. Also, remove and dispose of excess Kraft board inside the letter.
2. Use your knife to cut pieces of Styrofoam to fill the initial. This may take cutting and fitting several pieces together. You will want to cover the entire area inside the letter. Use your hot glue gun to secure the Styrofoam down.
3. Begin snipping your flower stems down leaving enough to stick into the Styrofoam. However, keep them short enough for the bloom to touch the top of the Styrofoam when stuck in--not pertruding any higher.
Stick the flowers into the letter as desired. Fill the entire letter leaving no Styrofoam showing. Be careful not to let the flowers hang over the edge of the letter to much distorting the shape of the letter.
4. Add dots of hot glue to secure the flowers as needed.
5. Cut a 20" piece of ribbon to hang the initial.
6. Glue one end of the ribbon to each side of the initial, glossy side down.
7. Once the glue dries, your initial is ready to hang!