There always seems to be so many birthdays and new babies born this time of year, which means lots of baby showers! I love seeing all the different themes for showers now, they have gotten so creative. I really enjoy making corsages for new momma being honored. Its just another little token to take away from the special event.
Baby sock corsages are great because they can be easily disassembled and reused if the mom decides. Its definitely one of the prettiest ways to give a gift of socks!
You will need:
Baby Socks (As many or as few as desired, but use an even number for pairs!)
Hot Glue Gun
Silk flower with Anther to add a center to your sock flowers (small pearls can be used as well)
1. With the heel on top, begin rolling the baby sock beginning at the toe.
2. Wrap the open end around the bottom of the coil that you've created.
3. Cut a 5" piece of wire, and feed it into the center of the bottom of the flower.
4. Bend the end of the wire into a loop, and pull the wire back down into the sock hooking the loop on the sock.
5. Wrap the bottom of the flower and wire with floral tape to create a stem.
6. Remove the center from the silk flower. Using glue dots, insert and secure into the flower.
7. Repeat with the rest of your socks. Use floral tape and glue dots to attach the roses together.
8. Secure the silk leaves to the back of the corsage. I used hot glue to adhere the leaves to the floral tape.
9. Create a bow with ribbon and wrap a piece of wire around it. Place the bow in the front of the corsage and secure the ribbon in the back by twisting the wire. Tuck the wire behind the leaves and snip off any excess wire.
10. Your corsage is complete! Please note, if you need more adhesive than offered by the floral tape and glue dots, you may want to add a dot of hot glue here and there. Just keep in mind, hot glue is harder to remove from the socks to be reused, so minimal glue is best.
There are so many ways to customize these corsages, I have made them with only one pair of socks, different types of leaves and ribbons, and even pearls or buttons for the flower centers!