I recently shared how we created the "Wishing Tree" for our wedding. Here is a tutorial on how I made the tags. These are simple to make, but time consuming. If your mind is swirling with details, and you just don't have the time to cut out tags, hop over to my Etsy shop for a set!
You can create a tag for each guest attending your wedding. I made a few less since many couples will only leave on message. I set out about 120 tags for 175 guests.
You will need:
A tag you like the shape of, or a pattern created from an index card (Dimensions 2 1/2 x 3 1/2)
1 package of 8 1/2x 11 card stock
Stamp with a design of choice
Gold ink pad
*Amounts of ribbon and card stock will vary depending on quantity of tags you choose to make.
1. Trace the tag pattern onto your card stock as many times as it will fit. **If you would like the pattern I used, email me at email@example.com. :)
2. Carefully cut the tag shapes out. I found this task easier with small sharp scissors.
3. Using a single hole punch, punch a hole about 1 centimeter from the top of the tag.
4. Using a 3x4 inch stamp and gold ink pad, cover the entire stamp with ink.
5. With newspaper underneath your tags to protect your worksurface, press your stamp onto your tag. Press down firmly and be careful not to slide the stamp around.
6. Peel the stamp carefully off of the tag. Try not to touch the stamped tag's wet design. Handle by edges if needed.
7. Allow your tags to dry for at least 30 minutes.
8. String a 10" inch ribbon through the tag's hole and knot it at the top.
Display your tags in a pretty basket by your tree for guest to help themselves. :)
We enjoyed all the messages that were left on these tags during our special day. They are pretty enough that we can use them as decor and have the memories as part of our home!