At my house growing up, roasted peppers were one of our favorites! We couldn't get enough, and always rationed them out to make sure everyone had a fair share. ;)
This side dish tastes is full of flavor and tastes like a delicacy, but they are so easy to make! I know bell peppers can be expensive, so I look for them to go on sale at Sprouts.
You will need:
2-3 Large bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green)
1-2 Cloves of garlic
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Lemon juice to taste
1. Wash your peppers and cut in half vertically. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the peppers inside down on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
3. Roast your peppers in the oven for 45-6- min or until the blackens and skin separates from the pepper.
4. Let your peppers cool for about 15-20 minutes, then peel off the skin off your peppers.
5. Slice the peppers into strips.
6. Place your peppers in a bowl and crush garlic cloves in. Add olive oil and stir. Note: the more garlic you add, the spicier the peppers will taste. Its all up to preference.
Squeeze in some lemon juice and enjoy on bread!
We love this dough recipe from Lauren's Latest for breadsticks and pizza dough. Make your dough, then follow the steps below for Rope Breadsticks
You will need:
1 batch pizza dough
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons parmesaen cheese
1/2 Garlic clove
1. Pinch off your dough into 8 sections. Roll each section into a snake about 1" thick.
2. Take two sections at a time and carefully twist them together. Pinch the ends to secure them.
3. Lay your ropes out on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Melt your butter in a small bowl and add garlic and cheese. Brush onto your bread sticks with a pastry brush. Bake at 400 Degrees for 8-10 minutes or until tops are golden.
I'm so excited for summer, and summer food! What is your favorite summer recipe?