There's nothing like a nice blanket of snow to get you in the holiday mood. It makes a beautiful view from the window. But, eventually, you have to go out and that pretty white stuff is cold. and wet.
The moments of scraping off the car, getting stuck in traffic, and sliding around on the all-of-the-sudden-much-longer trek from the car to the house, make me think of warmer days.....
when we were dry....
and cooked smores outside at the park....
Then, I decided that hot chocolate, marshmallows and homemade graham crackers inside I days like this are just as appealing.
Homemade Graham Crackers
Inspired by this recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbls honey
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and pour in honey, oil, and vanilla. Mix until everything is combined.
- Slowly add in milk and mix until just combined. (Preferably with paddle attachment of a stand mixer.)
- With floured hands, form dough into a ball.
- Roll out dough on a sheet of parchment paper using a floured rolling pin to form a rectangle about 1/8 in thick.The first time, I tried to roll out the dough, then transfer it to parchment paper for baking...Bad news! So much easier to just place the whole thing on a pan!
- Using a knife, slice into smaller rectangles. Do not separate! Then, slice horizontally, separating the rectangles in half.
- Using a fork, poke holes down each rectangle.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
Enjoy, and stay cozy!
Today I'm linking up with...
Post a Comment